Get Involved: Utah Lake Commission
The Utah Lake Commission, which was formed in 2007, is a group comprised of local government officials and state agency leaders. The Commission has the following purpose:
- Encourage and promote multiple uses of the lake
- Foster communication and coordination
- Promote resource utilization and protection
- Maintain and develop recreation access
- Monitor and promote responsible economic development
In 2008 the Commission completed a vision and master plan for the lake, entitled Awake Utah Lake. The purpose of the plan is help guide how future decisions regarding Utah Lake will be made.
The June Sucker Recovery Implementation Program is actively involved with the Commission and works to coordinate efforts. Members of the Recovery Program also sit on the Commission’s technical committee.
To learn more about the Utah Lake Commission visit www.utahlakecommission.org.